Photo from the beach at midnight in northern Norway

July 17th, 2007 · 17 Comments

Photo from the beach at midnight in northern Norway
Taken with Olympus E500 digital camera on July 11th, 2007. Click image for larger view.

I love walking the beach at midnight when it is summer. Everything is calm and all you can hear is the sound of the nature; sea gulls crying, waves rolling the beach and the sound of your feet walking the sand. Walks on the beach are soothing for my mind, body and spirit. I recommend it!

This photo was taken with my new sweet wide angle lens. So far this lens is threating me very good 🙂

Information about the pictures:
Lens: Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm F2.8-3.5
Location: Ånstad (Andørja), Troms in northern Norway

Tags: Beach · Boatsheds · Clouds · Coast · Countryside · Fjord · Landscape · Mountain · Nature · Norway Norwegen Norge · Rural · Sea Ocean · Summer

• 1 Rose // Jul 17, 2007 at 9:41 pm

I envy you. Do you mind if I just spend the day staring at this photo? What a tranquil place with a special magic. You really did capture the beauty.

• 2 Thomas Laupstad // Jul 18, 2007 at 12:31 am

Be my guest Rose 🙂

• 3 Norski // Jul 18, 2007 at 1:05 am

Thanks for the compliment of asking me to examine your blog. I took a quick look through Photos from northern Norway (http://blog.thomaslaupstad.com).

Initial impression: very good. The panoramic scene at the top is spectacular. Black text on white ground is a good choice – particularly as a neutral background for your photos.

Nit-picking detail: Your English syntax is about as good as many native speakers (“Walks on the beach is” where “walks on the beach are” would be correct usage). This is a minor point. Your blog is very readable.

In your “Recent readers” section: I would have made the avatars smaller, if possible, to reduce the size of the section as a whole – but that’s my style. It may not be yours. * Internal links, like “Feel free to check out my other insect photos.”: a very good feature. That makes your blog much more useful for visitors.

Technical information about the camera and settings: That’s a standard used by many serious photographers. I appreciate the way you put the text of this information in a smaller font: That makes it easier for a casual reader to skip over it, and draws the serious photographer’s attention to it by contrast with the rest of the text.

• 4 BobG // Jul 18, 2007 at 3:34 am

Makes me wish I was sitting there with a six pack and a fishing pole.

• 5 Terence Chang // Jul 18, 2007 at 7:28 am

Nice shot always. Just curious if the water is cold. Can you swim?

I doubt you will like the hot Sun in Arizona. It’s very hot now..

• 6 Fred // Jul 18, 2007 at 2:53 pm

Nice pictures. Are these available at any stock photo houses?

• 7 Thomas Laupstad // Jul 19, 2007 at 1:31 am

Norski: Thanks a lot for taking the time 🙂
    I can’t believe I used is instead of are. Silly me!
    Gonna look into how you get the MBL widget smaller. I’m not very tech savvy so it might take a while.

• 8 Thomas Laupstad // Jul 19, 2007 at 1:32 am

BobG: One of my fave activites 😀

• 9 Thomas Laupstad // Jul 19, 2007 at 1:33 am

Terence: It’s probably pretty cold, like 15C. On sunny days the beaches are filled with locals and many of them swim.

• 10 Thomas Laupstad // Jul 19, 2007 at 1:35 am

Fred: Thanks 🙂
    Nope, I haven’t got into stock photography. Might consider it, but it’s hard to get accepted at the big agencies.
    Got any tips on what photo house I should try?

• 11 Fred O Fenua // Jul 19, 2007 at 9:35 am

Thansk a lot, mauruuru roa, merci beaucoup

Ur shoot are always so beautiful … :p The icy atmospheres owe beings known! :p

• 12 Jolly Green Girl // Jul 19, 2007 at 1:55 pm

That’s amazing that it’s midnight and the sun is still up.

• 13 Alex // Jul 23, 2007 at 3:28 pm

What a beautiful place to be. I wish I was there instead of raining England!

• 14 Thomas Laupstad // Jul 23, 2007 at 11:10 pm

Thanks Fred and Jolly Green Girl 🙂

Alex: Hope you are getting better weather over there soon!!

• 15 Picture of stone on the beach and incoming wave // Mar 14, 2008 at 11:23 am

[…] out this photo from the same beach but at midnight during the summer when there is light 24/7. Information about the picture: […]

• 16 QASSEM // Jan 21, 2010 at 12:12 pm