Macro photo of five-spot burnet moths mating on flowers

July 21st, 2007 · 10 Comments

Macro photo of five-spot burnet moths mating on flowers
Taken with Olympus E500 digital camera on July 16th, 2007. Click picture for larger view.

In this picture I believe you can see some five-spot burnets (Zygaena trifolii) mating, but it could also be the similar six-spot burnet (Zygaena filipendulae) because the spots can be merged. If anyone is an expert on this please let me know by leaving a comment. I would also like to know what the flowers are called.

Anyways. It looks like the insects are having a really good time 😉
Check out my other insect photos.

Tags: Burnet · Flower · Insect · Macro · Moths · Nature · Norway Norwegen Norge · Summer

• 1 Terence Chang // Jul 21, 2007 at 5:59 pm

Thomas:

I would really recommend you to use the “The excerpt reload” wordpress plugin to reduce your duplicate content. Just leave the image and a short sentence in the front page and the user will click “read more” to go to your single page. It will also increase your page view.

So you don’t get duplicate content on Google. It will put you into Google Hell.

Here is the plugin.

I really like your photo. Especially those mountain, beach, etc!

Keep shooting!

• 2 shaun // Jul 21, 2007 at 9:23 pm

He shouldn’t get nailed for duplicate content… what is he doing wrong?

• 3 Terence Chang // Jul 22, 2007 at 2:36 am

Shaun:

The new posts are appeared in the front page. It’s a sign of duplicated content. In other words, the home page contains the content of single page. It will make your single page duplicated content.

In that case, the single page content is harder to be found on Google.

• 4 Thomas Laupstad // Jul 23, 2007 at 11:39 am

Hi guys. My internet connection was down all weekend.

I think I get what you are saying Terence, but couldn’t I just use the !–more– tag that works within wordpress?

• 5 buryya // Jul 23, 2007 at 1:26 pm

AWESOME PICTURES

• 6 April // Jul 23, 2007 at 1:53 pm

I saw these moths when I was on the Island of Canna in Scotland. There were also transparent burnet moths. They’re great moths to photograph because they stay still. One even landed on me.

• 7 Thomas Laupstad // Jul 23, 2007 at 11:08 pm

Thanks buryya 🙂

April: Hmm never seen transparant burnet moths. Got any pictures of them?

• 8 Suray - Suray's Words - SurayBlog // Jul 26, 2007 at 7:22 am

Are you a Pro, you can take it so close… 😀 nice bro.. Butterfly, an interesting creature 😀

To Terence Chang, thanks bro, you are helping other blogger so much, I never forget your comment on my post that my link is broken. As soon as I’ve found it, I delete the link, thanks bro!

• 9 Blog Action Day - Nature is under threat in northern Norway // Oct 15, 2007 at 1:01 am

[…] Here is a few examples from my photo collection of reasons why I want to preserve the beautiful nature around us. Macro photo of five-spot burnet moths mating on flowers […]

• 10 My favorite macro pictures from 2007 taken in Northern Norway // Sep 10, 2008 at 6:03 pm

[…] 3. Macro photo of five-spot burnet moths mating on flowers […]