Close up picture of beach full of beautiful shells in Northern Norway

October 27th, 2007 · 14 Comments

Close up picture of beach full of beautiful shells in Northern Norway
Taken with Olympus E500 digital camera February 27th 2007. Click image for larger view.

Found a small place on the coast that was filled with different kinds of beautiful shells. I had to take a picture of a selection of the shells.
Anyone know what the shells are called?

Location: Ånstad (Andørja), Troms in northern Norway

WidgetBucks – Trend Watch – WidgetBucks.com

Tags: Beach · Coast · Macro · Nature · Norway Norwegen Norge · Shells · Shore

• 1 Magnus // Oct 27, 2007 at 7:49 pm

Great photo and lovely colors. Should have been there with my camera. I know some of the names in Norwegian, but not in English. I know for sure that I can see some periwinkles (two different species) and a common limpet.

• 2 Bobbie // Oct 27, 2007 at 10:53 pm

I know a little bit about shells. I agree with Magnus. I see a limpet, and a few periwinkle species, too. Also some nerites. That larger brownish one in the lower left might be a kind of mussel or clam. All of these look like the shells of the kinds of molluscs that live on rocks in the tidal zone or the so-called ‘splash zone.’

The photo looks like it should be a postcard! (Or even a jigsaw puzzle.)

• 3 martoon // Oct 28, 2007 at 3:21 pm

This picture is amazing, I love pictures like this when you can sit and look at them for ages – always finding smoething new about it.

• 4 mariano // Oct 29, 2007 at 9:30 pm

Hi! I´m Mariano from Argentina…I entered your blog and I like it a lot..
    do you want to change links?
    mine is:
    i´ll put you in my links now..
    thanks see you

• 5 David // Oct 30, 2007 at 8:30 am

I don’t really know anything about shells but this picture is really neat. I would love to find a beach filled with shells like this. I found your blog on mybloglog and I love your pictures. I’m gonna link to your blog so more people can see your awesome photography.

• 6 Spicegirl // Oct 30, 2007 at 9:24 am

Incredible shells! I had no idea they can be so beautiful and tinted. Great photo!

• 7 luvtosurf // Oct 30, 2007 at 2:58 pm

I love your photo. Absolutely beautiful!

• 8 steve // Oct 31, 2007 at 3:52 am

Great photo! Every time I look at the picture, I see something different 🙂

Could turn into another “Find the Face” illusion….

–Steve

• 9 kml // Oct 31, 2007 at 3:11 pm

Nice and crisp with excellent focus! We have always called them snail shells, but I don’t know what the real name for them are.

• 10 Zarquon // Oct 31, 2007 at 7:25 pm

Great variety of colours on that shot. I love the frame to frame fill of the shells. Blue tint looks a little cold, this might look neat with a light warming filter on it too.
    … man there’s just so much to look at, I don’t even think I’ve seen a yellow snail shell …

Z.

• 11 Faizal // Nov 1, 2007 at 12:17 pm

I like beautiful photos

• 12 JAZEVOX // Nov 20, 2007 at 12:20 pm

i like all these sea shells, they look very colorful in this photo

• 13 Gale Rainwater // Nov 28, 2007 at 1:59 am

beautiful image

• 14 n8 // Dec 18, 2007 at 4:22 pm

I love this picture. So you just walked up on this natural mosaic? Fantastic! Looks great on my monitor by the way.