Picture of snow falling and a lonely tree in Northern Norway

January 9th, 2008 · 20 Comments

Picture of snow falling and a lonely tree in Northern Norway
Taken with Olympus E500 digital camera March 3rd 2007. Click image for larger view.
I like the way I was able to capture the falling snow in this picture. The lonely tree and the greenish ocean in the background make the scenery look very desolate and cold.

Also check out this picture of my private Narnia forest and my 2009 Norway photo calendar 🙂 Also follow Photos from Northern Norway on Facebook.

Lens: Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm F3.5-5.6

Tags: Coast · Nature · Norway Norwegen Norge · Shore · Snow · Tree · Winter

• 1 Kerri // Jan 9, 2008 at 7:33 pm

Wow…this is a stunning shot! I love it!
    Great job!

• 2 Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage // Jan 10, 2008 at 2:21 am

What a great photo! It’s simply magical. The photo of your private Narnia Forest is stunning as well. Even though I’m not a fan of winter or snow, I have to say that your photos have such a magical quality to them that I really enjoy winter and snow! That’s an accomplishment indeed! ~Cindy

• 3 offendedblogger // Jan 10, 2008 at 5:04 am

Very nice. I imagine that it would make a perfect cover for a best selling book.

I’m not sure why, but that was my first thought at seeing it. So hurry and write a book now so you can use it! 🙂

• 4 RennyBA // Jan 10, 2008 at 10:21 am

Hi Thomas and Happy New Year to you!

Wonderful picture of massive snow fall. I’m not sure if it looks cold, more like fresh, crispy to me – but then again I’m a Norwegian.

My last post was about snow fall in Oslo. Please visit and comment if you like to be listed on my ‘Snow report around the world’!

• 5 soundtrackgeek // Jan 10, 2008 at 10:25 am

Wow, great photo! That reminds me why I don’t miss Norway too much though 😛

• 6 rhyan // Jan 10, 2008 at 8:11 pm

nice photo … for me it symbolizes sadness

• 7 wildrose // Jan 10, 2008 at 11:00 pm

Sliczne zdjecie, jak z bajki bajeczne 🙂
    Wonderfull 🙂

• 8 Tom // Jan 11, 2008 at 12:53 am

What a snowy picture. I’m especially impressed that you took your camera outside in the snow. All that snow means a ton of water that can get inside the camera. Excellent capture.

Tom

• 9 Claire // Jan 11, 2008 at 1:52 am

Hey I have seen this shot on another site, is this your image? 🙂

• 10 Shelia // Jan 11, 2008 at 2:38 am

It’s a wonderful picture. It has depth, texture and you’re right, it gives such a feeling of desolation. It’s great! 🙂

• 11 GeekMom // Jan 11, 2008 at 5:10 pm

This is beautiful! I grew up in Wisconsin, where it would start snowing in October and stay white until spring. I miss having snow all winter. Now we have muddy grass. Yuck. Also, I can’t get lefse at the store here. Thanks for sharing your photos!

• 12 Jeslyn // Jan 11, 2008 at 6:29 pm

Hi~! Can I add your blog in my blog link? You don’t have to link me back if you don’t want to. Thanks!

• 13 BadEvan // Jan 12, 2008 at 3:48 am

My gosh!! That is one of the most amazing shots of seen in a long time.

“Damn! You got skills that can pay the bills”

• 14 Chica // Jan 12, 2008 at 4:45 am

I’ve had a hard time catching the snow just right without having to work the levels around in photoshop a bit. Great photo, it does look awful cold, you ought to get that tree a scarf now!

• 15 Nicole in Kuwait // Jan 12, 2008 at 3:51 pm

I love it, even though I’m getting cold feed just looking at it 😉

And Narnia is perfect :D!

• 16 Laura @ Laura Williams' Musings // Jan 13, 2008 at 8:25 am

So beautiful and serene!

• 17 Caroline // Jan 13, 2008 at 1:09 pm

Wow, that’s really beautiful! Great capture.
    Caroline

• 18 Raven // Jan 15, 2008 at 10:09 pm

I’ve been staring at this picture for a good 5 minutes and thought to leave a comment finally. The image nearly mystical so much that if you stare long enough you think the snow it actually falling in a still image. I need to get back to work before people start worrying about me staring at my screen … great photography overall on your site. Thanks for sharing.

• 19 Cougar // Jan 20, 2008 at 8:07 pm

pure magic

• 20 Denise Bruce // Nov 29, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I love this picture!

Would it be ok if i used it to blend in with a light house picture for my facebook profile pic? I wrote a lighthouse poem and wanted some snow on it 🙂 this pic showed up in google. I want to ask your permission before posting 🙂 i’ll put your blog with it also 🙂
    Thanks!