Picture of frozen field and rimed trees – Winter in Southern Norway

January 1st, 2009 · 10 Comments

Picture of frozen field and rimed trees - Winter in Southern Norway
Taken with Olympus E500 digital camera January 1st 2009. Click image for larger view.
I was out walking in the forest early today and I came across this field that was frozen. I really enjoyed all the grass that had frozen in the water and the trees standing around the field covered with rime.
We are having a cold period with -12C so everything outside is covered with frozen water and gives me a lot of photo opportunities.

Happy new year everyone! My resolution for 2009 is to take way more pictures and post them on this blog as I have lately been a bit lazy when it comes to photography. Don’t miss the Photos from Northern Norway 2009 calendar and my other photos with ice.

Lens: Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm F2.8-3.5
Location: Fjellstrand in Nesodden, Akershus in southeast of Norway

Tags: Countryside · Forest · Ice · Landscape · Nature · Norway Norwegen Norge · Scenery · Sky · Snow · Tree · Winter

• 1 kml // Jan 1, 2009 at 7:25 pm

Great resolution, Thomas! Love your work so will always look forward to seeing more of it.

Happy 2009 to you and yours!

• 2 Jadielady // Jan 1, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Oooh -12? Definitely not somewhere I’d want to be! I’m impressed that you take walks in that weather!
    It definitely paid off though :) beautiful shot!

• 3 Joy // Jan 1, 2009 at 8:02 pm

Wow…beautiful. The grass looks like balls of soft yarn scattered on the ground. Definitely worth the -12C walk. ;-)

Happy New Year!

• 4 Erik // Jan 1, 2009 at 8:57 pm

After looking at your pictures, today I am happy to be in South Texas. Thank you.

May peace, joy, health, prosperity and killer photos fill your year.

Happy New Year!

• 5 Jaya // Jan 1, 2009 at 11:23 pm

Very atmospheric photo… It seems like it should be in a movie, perhaps the opening scene, with an ominous deep rumbling music playing…

I wish you all the best in 2009! Thank-you for sharing the beauty of your area with us through your photos.

• 6 ilovephotoblogs // Jan 3, 2009 at 5:01 am

Beautifully frozen…Excellent image…and Happy New Year to you!

• 7 Ithil // Jan 4, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Veldig fin stemning i bildet :) Fine farger som passer hverandre godt.

• 8 Toren // Jan 6, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Beautiful picture. We´re having similar temperatures here now. I guess one must be a little crazy to go out walking on the morning of the 1st of January… or a photographer.

• 9 earthtoholly // Jan 8, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Aaaah, beautiful. Love the contrast in the colors. Happy New Year!

• 10 Cyber Rainbow // Feb 4, 2009 at 12:50 pm

I am glad to be relatively warm here in Florida, your photos do depict the haunting beauty of a winter wonderland