Macro photo of hoverfly on a poppy flower

July 5th, 2007 · 9 Comments

Macro photo of hoverfly on a poppy flower
Taken with Olympus E500 digital camera on June 24th, 2007. Click image for larger view.

These hoverflies are so fascinating and beautiful. Their beauty doesn’t get hurt from sitting on a poppy flower.
The blue spots in the background are forget-me-not flowers.

Check out my other hoverfly picture here.

Camera: Olympus E-500 digital single-lens reflex camera

Tags: Flower · flower fly · Hoverfly · Insect · Macro · Nature · Norway Norwegen Norge · Summer

• 1 harriett // Jul 5, 2007 at 7:28 pm

What stunning photography! I had no idea Norway was so beautiful! I’m in SC, USA and there are hoverflies around here that look like the same species. We call them Deerflies or Yellowflies. It’s also kinda ironic there’s an ad for Terminix on this page! HA HA!

• 2 Thomas Laupstad // Jul 5, 2007 at 10:36 pm

Thanks harriett 🙂

Lol, thats no good! I’m a big fan of organic farming and gardening! Maybe I should block that ad..

• 3 aloysius // Jul 6, 2007 at 2:12 pm

Nice images, You took the photos yourself… very professional..I hope to see your updated soon.

• 4 Carey // Jul 6, 2007 at 11:45 pm

Groovy shot. I always love it when someone concentrates on something that is rarely deemed beautiful–a fly. It is beautiful once you look at it closely. My wife takes alot of macros and I’ll share this post with her. Cheers.

• 5 Syafrizal // Jul 7, 2007 at 7:56 am

Cool pictures and I love the flowers and hoverflies. I don’t know how I could take a photo like that because I don’t know much about photography.

• 6 Dermot // Jul 7, 2007 at 10:46 am

That’s beautiful, I love the colours

• 7 lizzie2uk // Jul 11, 2007 at 12:28 pm

Great phots. I love that poppy, the colours are amazing.

• 8 Macro photo of hoverfly feeding on cow parsley flowers // Aug 5, 2007 at 12:02 pm

[…] Macro photo of hoverfly on a poppy flower […]

• 9 Close up picture of housefly (Musca domestica) on snow - First insect in Northern Norway // Mar 12, 2008 at 7:27 pm

[…] Check out some macro pictures of flies from last year: -Dance fly couple mating and eating a fly -Hoverfly on a poppy flower […]