August 1st, 2007 · 10 Comments

Taken with Olympus E500 digital camera on July 30th 2007. Click image for larger view.

I found the red/pink clouds to match the red boat house so I thought this scene would make a nice photo.
I’m starting to get a nice collection of photos with boat houses in them. Check them out here.

This photo was taken as the same time period as this sunset picture.

Information about the pictures:
Lens: Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm F2.8-3.5
Location: Ånstad, Andørja (Ibestad) in northern Norway

Tags: Beach · Boatsheds · Clouds · Coast · Evening · Norway Norwegen Norge · Scenery · Sky · Summer · Sunset

• 1 ColNed Pictures // Aug 2, 2007 at 9:35 am

Stunning shot, great composition and colors….

• 2 Chantal // Aug 2, 2007 at 11:30 am

Very nice one indeed with the red in house AND sky

• 3 Unni // Aug 2, 2007 at 9:22 pm

Dette var et utrolig flott bilde!!
    Du er jo helproff du ;o)

Takk for kommentaren på naturfotolaongsiden
    ;o)

Hilsen Unni

• 4 shaun // Aug 2, 2007 at 9:41 pm

Is that the same boat house as your older post-Summer in northern Norway – Photo of boatshed in a meadow? I really like these pictures 🙂

• 5 Shinade // Aug 2, 2007 at 10:39 pm

Oh my the last time I was in ….you had this same boathouse displayed…and I really didn’t think you could have out done that picture…but this is stunning….the color in the clouds is almost to the point of being un-realistic…what a moment you did capture…good composition as well…very,very nice!!~Jackie

• 6 Thomas Laupstad // Aug 3, 2007 at 12:09 am

ColNed and Chantal: Thanks for the comments =)

Unni: Kult å få feedback fra ei Nordkvinne!
    Tenkte litt på å joine dere, men må finne en smart måtte å implementere det i bloggen..

Shaun: Thanks! This is another boatshed. There are tons of them around here.

Jackie: Nice to see you around these parts 🙂 Thanks for the nice words!

• 7 Cindy // Aug 3, 2007 at 2:39 pm

This is beautiful. I love how the light makes the red of the barn have this deep glow, and the color of the clouds…you are an amazing photographer.

• 8 Rick // Aug 5, 2007 at 3:51 am

Thomas, this is awesome. Excellent composition and I love the colors.

• 9 April // Aug 15, 2007 at 3:49 pm

this is so pretty. You should sell it as a desktop background.

• 10 Love Links and Short Reviews of Blogcatalog Members’ Blogs - Part II | Tips For Bloggers From Blogging Mix // Dec 17, 2007 at 7:27 am

[…] Red Sunset Clouds and a Red Boat House […]