Picture of grass straws and boathouses as background – Winter scenery in Northern Norway

February 23rd, 2008 · 6 Comments

Taken with Olympus E500 digital camera February 22nd 2008. Click image for larger view.
In this picture you can see some straws growing at the coast in Northern Norway. I love the texture of this kind of straws so I thought they would look great together with the old boathouses.
I wanted to get the boathouses a bit out of focus so I pushed the aperture down f/3.5 and focused on the grass straws to get the depth of field that I thought would suit the composition.

Check out my other boathouse pictures here. I’m starting to get a nice collection of boathouse photos 🙂

Lens: Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm F2.8-3.5
Location: Ånstad (Andørja), Troms in Northern Norway

Tags: Boatsheds · Clouds · Countryside · Flora · Nature · Norway Norwegen Norge · Plant · Scenery · Sky · Snow · Winter

• 1 CurlyToes // Feb 23, 2008 at 6:46 pm

Looks great. I love it!

• 2 Tom // Feb 23, 2008 at 7:12 pm

Looks wonderful. There is a lot of motion in this photograph. The grass points up and to the left, while the clouds in the background direct your eye up and to the right. Very interesting contrast!

Tom

• 3 Mark Stoneman // Feb 24, 2008 at 2:35 am

I enjoy the picture for what it is, but also because it reminds me of home in New England.

• 4 elaine // Feb 24, 2008 at 12:22 pm

Beautiful! I wonder how would it feel like to be in that place. 🙂

• 5 Lilyruth // Feb 24, 2008 at 7:29 pm

Your photo is fantastic, it looks like a wonderful place to see. I really enjoy looking at all of your photos here they are all great. Listen you have a totally awesome award waiting for you to pick up over at my site at http://lilyruthsthisandthat.blogspot.com its a very special award I got one too. I really like the way it looks and Im sure you wil like it alos and you can place it here on your blog OR at least go and leave a comment on the post. THanks.

• 6 Picture of lonely straw and winter mountains in Northern Norway // Mar 11, 2008 at 5:43 pm

[…] done something similar in a scene with some grass straws and boatsheds. Information about the picture: Camera: Olympus E-500 digital SLR camera Exposure: 1/4000 sec […]