Winter has come to northern Norway – Photo of waves on the coast

October 12th, 2007 · 19 Comments

Winter has come to northern Norway - Photo of waves on the coast
Taken with Olympus E500 digital camera October 11th 2007. Click image for larger view.

The winter has come to northern Norway as you can see by the snow covered mountains in this picture. The snow comes from the north in “waves” and I was able to do some photographing in between all the snow.
I love photos of moving water so had a great time standing at the shore trying to capture the waves as they came crashing in.
Loved the splash in this picture.

Olympus E-500 digital SLR camera
Exposure: 1/2500 sec
Lens: Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm F2.8-3.5

Tags: Clouds · Coast · Mountain · Nature · Norway Norwegen Norge · Scenery · Sea Ocean · Shore · Sky · Snow · Waves

• 1 Will Williams // Oct 12, 2007 at 5:20 pm

The blues and whites mix well in this great action shot of the water.

• 2 E: Olsen // Oct 12, 2007 at 6:01 pm

Godt fanget, enig med han ovenfor.

• 3 Panos // Oct 12, 2007 at 6:27 pm

Very nice picture its amazing that we here in greece can see something like that. a pic that taken yestarday. thanks

• 4 Debo Hobo // Oct 12, 2007 at 7:13 pm

I really like the action of the spashing water and the crispness of color. I can almost feel the chill in the air.

• 5 Bobbie // Oct 12, 2007 at 8:09 pm

I like the splash, too. I can almost hear it. Looks like it’s still nice and sunny — ‘day’ sun, not midnight sun yet.

• 6 kml // Oct 13, 2007 at 12:00 am

Great action! The foam between the rocks in the foreground is really beautiful!

• 7 CoryL // Oct 13, 2007 at 2:36 am

Breathtaking. Seriously, what an awesome picture. Good job!

• 8 Marko Pyhajarvi // Oct 13, 2007 at 11:26 am

Man you’re good at this. Absolutely stunning pictures!

• 9 Pandora5031 // Oct 13, 2007 at 11:28 pm

Beautiful photos in this blog. Congratulations.

• 10 Shams // Oct 14, 2007 at 1:32 am

Winter is finally arriving in Salzburg too :-). Good photo, but I would like to see the sky a little but more.

• 11 ozlady // Oct 14, 2007 at 9:17 am

Hi – this is a perfect picture for a concept I’m trying to convey on my photo tribute blog. May I use this, fully credited and linked? Please contact me via email if you have any questions or concerns.

• 12 Resting Nite - Raptures Alight! » Blog Archive » Why... I Like What I Like // Oct 16, 2007 at 5:15 am

[...] It is a beautiful, clear scenery shot, very crisp and full of the winter day, that draws the viewer’s eye to the wave on the left hand side of the photo. Please click here to view it in all its glory on Thomas’ blog. [...]

• 13 Kari Lønning // Oct 17, 2007 at 2:26 pm

As someone has already said, I can almost feel the ice in the air. It’s a very effective photo. Lovely.

• 14 Zarquon // Oct 18, 2007 at 11:26 pm

I like the ‘caught in the act’ look of the crashing waves, and the sky is great behind the ocean.

• 15 Resting Nite - Raptures Alight! » Why… I Like What I Like // Oct 20, 2007 at 5:29 pm

• 16 ryan // Oct 26, 2007 at 7:53 am

that picture is so good

• 17 Christmas is closing fast - Get your Photos from Northern Norway 2008 Calendar // Dec 6, 2007 at 10:13 pm

[...] October – Winter has come to Northern Norway – Photo of waves on the coast [...]

• 18 Photo of beautiful winter dusk over fjord in Northern Norway // Mar 2, 2008 at 11:32 pm

[...] The mountains in the horizon is a part of an island called Grytøya. The same island can be seen in this picture of the first days of winter last year. Information about the picture: Olympus E-500 digital SLR camera Exposure: 0.025 sec (1/40) [...]

• 19 Bilder fra Nord Norge 2009 fotokalender nå ute for salg | Bilder fra Nord Norge // Dec 18, 2008 at 1:04 pm