Close up picture of ripe cherries – they are edible in northern Norway!

August 30th, 2007 · 7 Comments

Close up picture of ripe cherries
Taken with Olympus E500 digital camera on August 27th, 2007. Click picture for larger view.

I planted a cherry tree this spring and now my first ever berries are ripe. I’m kind of amazed that they would become edible so far north and let me tell you that they taste great 🙂
Not many berries to harvest this year because the tree is still so young.

I photographed the cherry flowers back in June. Check out the photo here.

Flash: Flash fired

Tags: Berry · Cherry · Clouds · Flora · Macro · Nature · Norway Norwegen Norge · Plant · Sky

• 1 CurlyToes // Aug 30, 2007 at 10:52 pm

Super photo – really love the colours. Those cherries really look great too. Down here, the birds will eat all the cherries before us humans can get to them, unless you net them all off.

• 2 Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage // Aug 31, 2007 at 12:19 am

I actually said, “Oh Man!” when I saw this photo. The colors are unbelievable especially with the contrast of the deep red of the cherries and the blue of the sky. You do such amazing work! Now my mouth is watering for cherries. Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

• 3 shaun // Aug 31, 2007 at 3:50 am

love the colors, the red, blue sky, white clouds, and green leaves is really a nice combination :). Great pic stumbled it !!

• 4 Thomas Laupstad // Aug 31, 2007 at 10:26 am

Thanks all 🙂

Curley: I’m not sure the birds around here know what cherries are. They are feasting on our red currents tho.

• 5 Jenty // Aug 31, 2007 at 12:44 pm

Ooh, yum! Can’t wait for cherries to come into season here.

• 6 Mark // Sep 1, 2007 at 3:14 pm

Hi Thomas,
    I have tried reaching out to grab them, no luck, beautiful picture.

Cheers Mark

• 7 Lisa C // Sep 11, 2007 at 6:31 am

This is a really nice shot! Cherries are one of my favorite fruits and I can tell a good cherry when I see one. They look yummy!